WOW!!! I'm amazed and overwhelmed by the response I've had from people wanting to be featured on my blog!! I'm so grateful to every one of you for being involved and supporting my project. I'm loving reading them and finding out a bit more about you all! And listening to your amazing music! I'm a one-woman show and it's going to take me a while to get around to publishing them all, but I will get them all published over the next few weeks!! I started this blog as a way of profiling the bands I was researching as a part of my MA and it has grown and grown. I don't make any money at all from it and support this venture with my 'day job' as an online EFL and Spanish teacher! (I'm also a Mum and am busy writing a solo album and an album with my band The Dying Lights) I've got thousands of readers each month now and I want to keep bringing you exciting features, interviews, reviews, etc...I love giving all of this publicity to bands, artists, and musicians who often get overlooked by the mainstream music press... So, I'm going to ask you to help me out! These are some ways you could.....
1. Consider becoming a Patreon of my page. This way you get exclusive content, an exclusive monthly mini-zine and as soon as you sign up, you get access to my Madrid Special 'Zine #001 and Birmingham Special 'Zine #002, which makes it the cheapest way to buy the zine. There are many other benefits too and all from £1.25/month, so, if you'd buy me half a pint once a month for the work I do, check out the link below. (Also, the more Patreons I get, the fewer classes I have to give and can spend more time interviewing, reviewing, and giving you free publicity! - My first 10 Patreons will also get a special gift in June!)
2. Make sure you've liked my Facebook page Marina is Red - Riot Grrrl & Punk 'Zine and joined my group Marina is Red: Riotgrrrlzine.co.uk... I also ask you to share the underground punk rock riot grrrl love and invite all of your friends to join too!
3. If you don't fancy becoming a Patreon, please buy a copy of my 'zine from my website
4. KEEP MUSIC ALIVE during this crazy time and support all the artists/musicians/bands I feature and buy their music, merch, and attend their live streams!! Without them, life would be pretty dull.
5. Keep sending me interviews, music to review and tell me about your projects / live streams/ releases etc.... I will feature them all in the end!! (Patreons get priority publishing!) Marinaisred@gmail.com or check out the 'Get Featured' section of my blog.
6. Keep yourselves safe, happy, and KEEP CREATING!! The arts industry is one of the most severely hit by the Covid-19 lockdown. Let's keep the DIY punk spirit ALIVE by supporting each other and collaborating on as many projects as possible!!!! F**K the non-believers... Punk rock is not dead!!!